I've decided that every Sunday, I'm going to do a post stating 5 things I've thankful for from the prior week. Little things, big things, whatever, just specifics from the last 7 days.
1. Learning to make a new blog header. I know it's not a big deal, but it's pretty and makes my blog more "mine"
2. My crockpot. Makes dinner so much easier. And it was used twice the week prior for taking food to Kaylee's school.
3. Having a heater. Obviously, I'm guilty of taking it for granted. I tap the screen on the thermostat, and it adjusts to my wants and needs. I cannot imagine what it would be like to live in a house without a heater throughout the winter. Our heater quit working for about 7 hours on Thursday, and luckily we had it fixed within the same day. 7 hours is nothing compared to what many months would be for some people.
4. My sweet Kaylee. She is a much better big sister than I ever anticipated. She is often the first to run to Isabelle at the slightest little cry or noise. I really enjoy watching the two of them together.
5. My daughter's school. I struggled really hard with choosing an elementary school for Kaylee. I read and researched all the options. I knew Catholic school education was excellent, but we didn't have an east side parish we belonged to. The other private schools were just too expensive. I knew I didn't want a public school. But we applied to attend a magnet school that I felt comfortable with, and today it is on the front page of the Sunday paper, written up as one of the best schools in the city. I think Kaylee is getting a great education there and am content with our choice.