Yes, not just one.
Not just two.
SIX! From these amazing ladies:
Mrs. G @ http://myamazinglifeasamommyandwife.blogspot.com/
Amber @ http://simplysweetlifeasawife.blogspot.com/
Emily @ http://emilyandzachparker.blogspot.com/
Natalie @ http://fromcorporatetodomestic.blogspot.com/
Aimee @ http://www.classifiedmom.com/
Jackie @ http://www.mysimplehomelife.com/
That's right, I do read the best blogs, written by the most amazing ladies! And lucky for me, they read my blog too :)
The basic premise of these awards is that I'm supposed to share seven fun facts about myself.
I've actually been awarded one of these awards before, but luckily for you, I'm quite the quirky person and I bet I can come up with seven additional, never been shared before, facts =)
1. I drink hot water. When I go to a restaurant, I'll drink iced water, like a normal person, but at home, I always drink hot water. I don't know why. I just know that for the first 25 years of my life, I disliked drinking water and would very rarely drink any. However, with pregnancy #2 and the following months of breastfeeding I knew I needed to get my act together and start drinking more water. For some reason, when it's hot water, it goes down so much easier.
I love this cup!
2. I write the word "y'all" a lot. However, I don't ever say it while talking or having a conversation.
But recently I decided that it's too....informal, I guess for me to address a group of people as "hey guys!" in writing, and then I decided I liked "y'all" better than "you all." Maybe I should use "you'ns"...
After writing these two facts, I got really busy and didn't have time to sit down and work on my blog posting. So I got a brilliant idea and I emailed my hubby and asked if he wanted to write some facts for me.
Here's the additional five facts about me, as written by my husband, Wayne:
1. I love flowers! However, I can’t grow them to save my life. Something about needing tended to every day and getting dirt under my nails does not appeal to me. I like to have vases of them in the house but feel like when I arrange them they appear as though they were purchased the day after Valentine’s Day from a gas station.
(true and false! I'm a terrible gardener, for sure. But I'm not a huge fan of having flowers in my house. Sure, they're pretty, but mainly I think they're a waste of money. They just sit there and die.)
this is inevitable
2. I hold the world record for how many bites you can take while eating a cinnamon gummy square. These are about the size of a Starburst and I take teeny tiny bites. To date, the most bites I’ve taken to finish one is 38.
(while it's true that I do take teeny bites of things, I don't get 38 bites out of something the size of a starburst! It's more like 5! and I do so because I like to make my snacking last as long as possible. don't judge.)
3. Bugs. Are. Gross. Any bug. There’s no such thing as a cute or interesting bug. If I could find a way to frolic outside and separate myself from the bug world it would make it even a more magical place.
(Yup, I really do dislike bugs. Most of them I will tolerate fairly well, but I DESPISE spiders. I have some weird illogical fear of them...I'm not scared of getting bitten or anything, but they just gross me out. EWW!)
4. I always keep Post-It notes nearby. They are a communication medium on par with texting. They are colorful, fun, fit anywhere and are limited to 160 characters.
(To my longtime readers, you already knew this! I did my handwriting post with post-it notes.)
5. I had training wheels on my bike until I was 12. My theory was that the more wheels I had the faster I could go. Then one day I went out by myself and rode like the wind. Then decided I might as well start learning how to drive a car by that point.
(Haha!! This is one fact I didn't foresee myself admitting to the the world wide web, but it's true. However, I didn't have any strange theory that I could go faster with my training wheels, but I was just a stubborn kid that was convinced I needed to leave them on and didn't want to learn to ride without them. One random day when I was 12, I hopped on my younger brother's training wheel free bike, and took off without a problem!)
There ya go!! There's a grand total of seven fun facts about me!
If you'd like to partake in this, award yourself the award and tell everyone you got it from me :)
I'm getting ready to buy new books for my kindle...tell me, what should I get??? And.....go!