And since I like lists, let's number this one, shall we?
1) the winner from the carmex healing lotion giveaway is: Gail @ Sophisticated Steps. This number was randomly selected, but without a screen shot to show you. (see above for the no time disclaimer.)
2) A few weeks ago, Kaylee and I made Gingerbread Houses. Every year, we have something called Gingerbread Village, where for a small fee you receive everything you need to build your own gingerbread house. All money raised supports the charity that puts on this event. Here's Kaylee and her completed masterpiece:
This one's mine:
3) My sweet little Isabelle is quite the rascal. Those of you who are friends with me on facebook have already seen this, but for those of you that haven't, here's the story.
For the most part, Isabelle isn't allowed in Kaylee's room, especially without supervision. Just too much stuff for her to get into. However, last week, I was folding and putting away laundry, and left the bedroom door open. I sat down to pee (no such thing as TMI on this here blog) and in the 30 or so short seconds it took me to pee, I then walked into Kaylee's room to see this:
4) Isabelle loves frozen blueberries. And I love the blue stains it leaves everywhere.
Girlfriend also really likes her chocolate.
5) Lots of deliciousness has been coming out of my kitchen lately, and I have some tasty recipes to share with you. I already shared these cookies, but I've also made homemade chicken and noodles with made-from-scratch noodles as well as perfect-for-the-holidays eggnog coffee cake.
6) I entered a photo editing contest on The Pioneer Woman's website. I've been trying for a loooong time to win something from her site, but no luck so far. I'm pretty proud of my submission, though. (you can view it here and leave lots of comments about how much you like it!)
7) I served a mixed fruit salad at Thanksgiving breakfast.
8) As a bzzagent (www.bzzagent.com) I recently had the opportunity to sample Kroger's The Truly Awesome Homestyle Chocolate Chip cookies.
First of all, Kroger hired a great marketing person. "The Truly Awesome"? I love it!
Anyway, while it appears to be your average prepackaged cookie, I'm happy to say that they're made with all natural ingredients and free from preservatives. A good cookie taste and lots of delicious chocolate chips. Pick up a box for your kiddos; I bet they'll love them!
Anyway, I think that's enough randomness for one day. I'm still in disbelief that it's already December, and I have quite a lot of Christmas shopping to do.
Are you feeling the Christmas spirit already? Have the holiday festivities already began??
So far, I've attended a Christmas cookie exchange, a children's Christmas program at my church, and gone to my husband's work's annual holiday party. It's going to be a busy month!